Parents & Athletes,
In response to the MDHHS MI Safer Sports Testing Program, all LHS athletes wanting to participate in spring sports this year are required to partake in the COVID testing program. Consent forms were sent home before spring break and will need to be handed in at the time of the student-athletes first test. Below are the guidelines and expectations we will be using for testing this spring.
- Testing starts on April 5-11 and will continue on a weekly basis throughout the spring season.
- Student-athletes have to test once every week.
- Athletes need to turn in testing consent forms to be able to participate in spring sports this year. No exceptions are allowed. Below are the forms that need to be completed and turned in.
- Student-athletes that have had a positive PCR COVID test in the last 90 days, do not need to test. A copy of the positive test needs to be turned into the athletic office as soon as possible.
- Only positive tests have to be reported to the MDHHS. The school is responsible for turning in the total number of negative test to the MDHHS on a daily basis.
- Weekly Testing Schedule: (If a student-athlete misses their testing day, they will test on the next available testing day)
- Monday: Lacrosse & Girls Tennis at CFI cafeteria at 2:30pm
- Tuesday: Baseball & Softball at CFI cafeteria at 2:30pm
- Thursday: Track at CFI cafeteria at 2:30pm, Boys Golf at LHS Mezzanine at 2:30pm (9th grade golfers will test at Zemmer after school)
- Friday: Girls Soccer at LHS Mezzanine at 2:30pm
7. Face Masks – Face masks must be worn based on the following guidance for outdoor activity (practice and competition):
- Contact Sports – Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse and Girls Soccer participants must wear face masks at all times. This includes all participants, coaches and all other team personnel.
- Non-Contact Sports – Baseball, Golf, Softball, Tennis and Track & Field participants must wear face masks at all times except when involved in active outdoor participation (in the game, during the round, during the match, during the race/event). Coaches and all other team personnel must wear face masks at all times, including participants when on the bench, in the dugout, between individuals events, etc.
- If practice or competition moves indoors, all individuals (participants, coaches, team personnel)must wear face masks.
- Six feet of physical distancing should be included in all activity whenever possible.