Welcoming back! We are excited for our summer athletic program to begin. LCS summer athletic programs will begin on June 15, 2020. Below are the current summer guidelines for LCS athletics. As government and MHSAA guidelines change, LCS will modify our guidelines to adhere to the changes.
- Only outdoor workouts and practices are allowed at this this time following the physical distance guidance and outdoor limits of 100 or fewer. (All INDOOR facilities remain CLOSED currently). Competitions ARE NOT ALLOWED at the current time due to physical distancing guidelines.
- The strength and conditioning program will be meeting on Monday June 15th at 12pm at the CFI Football Field/Track for orientation and first day programming.
- All coaches and students will be screened daily for signs / symptoms of COVID-19 prior to participating, including a temperature check. Staff and students will create a user account with the MI Symptoms app (misymptomapp.state.mi.us/login). Staff and students will need to answer the health questions daily on the app before they can participate in our summer athletic programs. Temperatures will be taken on site. Anyone with a temperature of greater than 100.3 degrees should not participate and will be sent home. The information for setting up an account for students is listed below.
- Any person with positive symptoms reported should not be allowed to participate, should self-isolate, and contact their primary care provider or other health-care professional. Involve local health departments if positive cases of COVID are discovered.
- State, local or school district guidelines will be followed. Face clothing should be worn when you cannot social distance.
- Sanitation stations will be made available on site. Individuals should wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water and soap or hand sanitizer before touching any surfaces or participating in workouts.
- All students will bring their own water bottle, towels, and clothing. Water bottles, towels, and clothing must not be shared.
- All athletic equipment, including balls, should be cleaned prior to the next workout.
- All of this is IN ADDITION to regular MHSAA summer practice rules and guidelines.
Online COVID-19 Self-Screening Tool
To access the online screening tool, go to misymptomapp.state.mi.us/login. You can do this from a smartphone or computer. The first time you go to the site, you will be asked to create an account. Students should set-up their account prior to June 15.
Here are the steps you will be asked to complete to create an account the first time you login:
- Scroll to bottom of screen and select create an account.
- Type in your LCS student email account.
- Create a password you will remember
- You will be asked to create a security check. A link will be emailed to the email you entered and you will be required to validate by going to your email account and clicking a link. (You may need to use a different web browser if you receive an error message)
- Sign in to your account.
- First time sign in you will have to provide demographic information including address and phone number.
- You will need to provide an employer address (170 Millville Rd., Lapeer, MI 48446)
- You will also need to enter an EMPLOYER CODE 3207-6097 to ensure we receive notice that you have completed the mandatory assessment.
- Students will need to show the “GREEN” go to their coach before they may participate.
If you need assistance setting up or logging into your account, please contact Lisa McAley at email@example.com.
District Athletic Director