6th – 8th grade students interesting in trying out for Boys Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, or Competitive Cheer this year should sign up in the office at Rolland-Warner (6th and 7th graders) or Zemmer (8th graders) sometime in the next two weeks. Students also need to complete the Winter Sports Clearance Process which is explained below. If they already played a Fall Sport, they do not need to do another Physical, Emergency Card, or Code of Conduct. They do need to do an eligibility and discipline log check before getting their new Winter Sports Bracelet.
Tryouts/first practices for Wrestling and Volleyball are the week of October 21st. Competitive Cheer and Boys Basketball will start when we come back from Christmas break in January.
What you need:
In order to be cleared to compete in Winter Athletics, students must complete and turn in the following items:
- All athletes must have a completed MHSAA Physical (dated April 15, 2019 or after – must be new form or sign waiver when turning in)
- All athletes must have a completed Emergency Card
- All athletes must have a signed Athletic Code of Conduct Card (parent & student signatures required)
These items are available in the Zemmer, Rolland-Warner, and LHS offices, or online at http://lapeerlightning.com (forms will also be available at the Parent Meeting on October 15th at Rolland-Warner)
When and Where you can turn in forms:
- The forms can be turned in at the Parent Meeting at Rolland-Warner on October 15th
- 6th and 7th grade students can turn their forms in to the Rolland-Warner office any time before the first practice or tryout.
- 8th grade students can turn their forms in to the Zemmer office any time before the first practice or tryout.
*Pay to Participate must be paid in full before any athlete may participate in a game/contest/meet.
*Please see the Athletic Code of Conduct for information on Middle School Eligibility requirements (grades) needed last year and current – this will be checked before clearance is given.
*Impact Testing is required for all 7th and 8th grade students (schedule to be determined)
When a student completes the clearance process they will receive a bracelet. They need to wear this bracelet to practice in order to participate. Coaches will not be accepting paperwork at practice.